2020-111 Audit Scope and Objectives
Los Angeles Community College District—Personnel Commission
The audit by the California State Auditor will provide independently developed and verified information related to the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) Personnel Commission (commission). The audit's scope will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Review and evaluate the laws, rules, and regulations significant to the audit objectives.
- Determine whether the commission has adhered to fair decision-making practices that are consistently applied in its processes used to make personnel decisions.
- Review the accountability measures that the commission usesand determine whether they are sufficient for a public hiring agency.
- Review the commission's candidate application and examination process and determine whether it is fair, relevant, and structured in a way that allows employees equal opportunities to promote.
- Review the commission's merit system rules and determine whether they are consistent with state law and the applicable memorandums of understanding.
- Determine whether there are sufficient management controls for the commission's budgets and expenditures.
- Identify the commission's process for determining and considering how its decisions affect LACCD's budget.
- Review the commission's appeal process and determine whether it adequately considers employee grievances.
- Review and assess any other issues that are significant to the audit.
California State Auditor's Office