Report 2017-032 Recommendation 26 Responses
Report 2017-032: Clery Act Requirements and Crime Reporting: Compliance Continues to Challenge California's Colleges and Universities (Release Date: May 2018)
Recommendation #26 To: San Jose, California State University
San Jose State should create and follow procedures by August 2018 to ensure that it includes all crimes in its daily crime log as it becomes aware of those crimes, such as when it receives crime reports from local law enforcement agencies.
6-Month Agency Response
SJSU has implemented the strengthened procedure to ensure the inclusion of all crimes within our Patrol Jurisdiction into our Daily Crime Log. All reported crimes including from local law enforcement agencies will be included in our report.
This strengthened procedure is now added to our Manual of Procedures for Clery Act reporting.
We are submitting a copy of the strengthened procedure via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion Date: September 2018
- Response Date: November 2018
California State Auditor's Assessment of 6-Month Status: Fully Implemented
60-Day Agency Response
- Will implement. San Jose State University Police Department Records Unit will make a request for all crimes from local law enforcement.
- We are currently trying to identify the methodology to add crimes from another jurisdiction to our automated system.
- Expected completion Dec. 2018
- Estimated Completion Date: 12/31/2018
- Response Date: July 2018
California State Auditor's Assessment of 60-Day Status: Pending
Agency responses received are posted verbatim.