Report 2017-032 Recommendation 22 Responses
Report 2017-032: Clery Act Requirements and Crime Reporting: Compliance Continues to Challenge California's Colleges and Universities (Release Date: May 2018)
Recommendation #22 To: San Jose, California State University
San Jose State should develop and implement procedures by August 2018 that it will regularly review and adhere to applicable guidance related to the Clery Act to ensure that it develops or discloses all required policies.
6-Month Agency Response
SJSU has completed the written procedures to review applicable Clery guidance, to ensure that all required policies are effectively developed and disclosed.
This strengthened procedure is now added to our Manual of Procedures for Clery Act reporting.
We are submitting a copy of the strengthened procedure via separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion Date: September 2018
- Response Date: November 2018
California State Auditor's Assessment of 6-Month Status: Fully Implemented
60-Day Agency Response
- Partially implemented .San Jose State is taking into account the State Audit Report, and the audit from the Clery Center. We are currently addressing several areas where policies were either nonexistent or incomplete. Some policies are also currently being addressed at the Chancellor's Office level. We will incorporate them upon their completion.
- Written procedure is being worked on, it is currently incomplete. Expect procedure by Dec. 2018
- Estimated Completion Date: 12/31/2018
- Response Date: July 2018
California State Auditor's Assessment of 60-Day Status: Pending
Although San Jose State indicates that this recommendation is partially implemented, it was not able to provide documentation demonstrating its progress.
Agency responses received are posted verbatim.