Candidate Selection Process Overview
- Talk with your career center or contact us to find out when we will be on your campus.
- Attend an information session to learn about some of the exciting work we've conducted.
- Visit our website to learn about our office, read audit reports, or e-mail our recruiting team.
- Meet with one of our representatives attending a campus career fair to get more information about us.
- Create a profile on our website to submit your application and resume.
- If you meet our minimum qualifications, you can complete our online exam.
- The exam process determines "list" eligibility for candidates competing for our Auditor Evaluator positions.
The Civil Service Exam Process
- The State Personnel Board oversees the State's personnel selection process and enforces the civil service laws to ensure compliance.
- The assessment of candidate qualifications typically happens in two phases.
- The first phase encompasses the formal examination process, which generally involves utilizing a an exam to establish an eligible list of candidates.
- The second phase involves those activities associated with the hiring process, such as a writing assessment and a supervisor-conducted hiring interview.
- Hiring decisions are based upon these phases of assessment.
- Once you begin the online exam, you'll have up to three hours to complete it. You can apply to take the online exam anytime before March 31, 2013. Candidates must complete the examination by April 15, 2013.
- You will receive a score that is rated solely on your responses to the exam questions. Your performance on the exam will determine how you rank in comparison to other candidates.
- Generally, candidates in the top three ranks qualify to continue in the second phase: the hiring process.
The Writing Assessment
- This first step in our hiring process measures your ability to clearly communicate your thoughts and analysis in writing.
- This is important because your role as part of an audit team will be to draft a portion of an audit report.
- You have up to fourteen days to access our on-line writing assessment after we e-mail you the instructions on how to complete the assessment.
- Once you access the assessment, you will have up to two hours to complete it and return it to us via e-mail.
- Once we receive your completed assessment, our editor will evaluate it.
The Hiring Interview
- The Hiring Interview is the second step in our hiring process.
- We invite those candidates with the strongest writing skills for an interview.
- During this time, you will meet with potential colleagues and members of our executive management team.
- A hiring interview lasts approximately 3 hours and consists of an office tour, a short writing exercise, and two interviews.
- This is it! Take your time before making your decision.
- Talk it over with your advisor, family, and friends. We want you to be confident in your decision.
- Once you accept our offer, we will help make your transition into your career as an Auditor Evaluator as smoothly as possible.